What is a gastronome? As you know, this is not always an easy question to answer
A Gastronome is a new kind of food professional who understands the entire food-production chain, from the agricultural starting point through its industrial transformation and distribution, paying particular attention to environmental and sustainability issues.
A Gastronome understands how to connect food processes to economic and communication systems, the complex relationships within enogastronomic tourism, the nuances of marketing of high-quality products, and how to promote the richness of regional food traditions.
Of course, the best way to understand this experience is to hear directly from them! If you’re curious about what your UNISG colleagues are doing around the world, we suggest that you start here by reading their interviews below.
You can also browse our Alumni LinekdIn page, in order to get a better idea of their professional profiles.
Here we gathered our alumni stories, successes and accomplishments to inspire you and to give a better understanding of who Gastronomes are and what they do:
- Best Sommelier 2021 for Identità Golose: Marta Passaseo alumna master in Wine Culture and Communication>
- Senior Wine Buyer & Head of Anti-Fraud Unit: Mattia Tabacco alumnus three-year undergraduate degree in Gastronmic Sciences and Cultures >
- Included in the Forbes’ The 50 Next Awards: The Future Of Gastronomy, Edward Mukiibi, alumnus of Master of Gastronomy: World Food Cultures and Mobility >
- Elena Mancioppi former UNISG student of the graduate degree now PhD candidate in Ecogastronomy, Training and Society >
- Included among ‘the 50 Next Trailblazing Activists – People Shaping the Future of Gastronomy’: Friederike Gaedke, alumna from the three-year undergraduate degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures >
We would love to hear from you!
If you want to see your story featured on this page, please fill in the form [collegamento a Google form] or write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org!
Your story could be an inspiration for other gastronomes and help to describe our multi-faceted professional world.