Phone: +39 0172 458509
University of Gastronomic Sciences | Pollenzo Campus
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 9
fraz. Pollenzo – 12042 Bra (Cn) – Italy
She obtained her Master Degree in Food Science and Technology (2002) and her PhD in Food Biotechnology (2008) at the University of Milan.
In 2007, he began collaborating with the University of Gastronomic Sciences (UNISG) as head of the Sensory Analysis Laboratory. In 2008, she became assistant professor. Her main research areas concern the attitude of consumers towards sustainable innovative foods, individual differences in sensory perception, the impact of the sensory properties of food on the affective responses of consumers and the evaluation of the shelf-life of foods using instrumental techniques (electronic nose and image analysis). She teaches the courses of “Sensory Analysis and Consumer Science”, “Laboratory of gastronomic measurements”, “Sensory analysis of wine”, “Beer tasting”, “Sustainable novel foods: tradition, production and consumption” and “Food packaging”. Coordinates the educational activities of the “Food Science and Technology” area.
In 2018, she became associate professor of Food Technologies and obtained the National Scientific Qualification for full professor.
She is Director of Research and of the Third Mission, Director of the Sensory Analysis Laboratory and member of the Ethics Committee and of the Board of the PhD course in Ecogastronomy, training and society.
She is director of the Italian Society of Sensory Sciences and of the Italian Scientific Group of Food Packaging and member of the Italian Society of Food Sciences and Technologies.
He has collaborated with several companies (Lavazza, Pernigotti, Rivoira, Barilla, Kraft, Ikea, Whirlpool, Pernigotti, Autogrill, Consorzio Terre di Montagna, Valverbe, Novi, Centrale del Latte di Brescia, Landlab, Farine Varvello, Devital Service, Ricrea, CIR Food, Life, Fratelli Branca Distillerie, Colussi Group, Fileni, Giunti Editore).
She is author of over 130 national and international publications including articles, conference proceedings and monographs.
- Director of Research and Third Mission
- Member of the Review Group for the Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures
- Member of the Ethics Committee
- Analisi Sensoriale e Consumer Science [Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures]
- Food Packaging [Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures]
- Preparatory Workshops [Graduate Degree in Food Innovation & Management]
- Sustainable Novel Foods: Tradizione, Produzione e Consumo [Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures]
MAIN INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH AREA in UNISG
SPECIFIC RESEARCH TOPICS
- Food sensory evaluation
- Consumer science
- Chemosensory perception
- Individual differences in perception
- Novel foods
- Sustainable food systems
- Food shelf life
- Food packaging
- Electronic nose
RESEARCH PROJECTS UNISG
- PRIME – Innovative Processes and Products of Green Chemistry
- FOOD-DRUG-FREE – Piattaforma portatile per l’identificazione di farmaci nei prodotti alimentari
- SHEEP-UP – Ovine Bio-diversity in Veneto: an economic opportunity for Farmers and their Territory
- ValorVitis 2.0 – La ricerca e l’innovazione incontrano il mercato