Phone: +39 0172 458509
University of Gastronomic Sciences | Pollenzo Campus
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 9
fraz. Pollenzo – 12042 Bra (Cn) – Italy
She obtained her Master Degree in Food Science and Technology (2002) and her PhD in Food Biotechnology (2008) at the University of Milan.
In 2007, he began collaborating with the University of Gastronomic Sciences (UNISG) as head of the Sensory Analysis Laboratory. In 2008, she became assistant professor. Her main research areas concern the attitude of consumers towards sustainable innovative foods, individual differences in sensory perception, the impact of the sensory properties of food on the affective responses of consumers and the evaluation of the shelf-life of foods using instrumental techniques (electronic nose and image analysis). She teaches the courses of “Sensory Analysis and Consumer Science”, “Laboratory of gastronomic measurements”, “Sensory analysis of wine”, “Beer tasting”, “Sustainable novel foods: tradition, production and consumption” and “Food packaging”. Coordinates the educational activities of the “Food Science and Technology” area.
In 2018, she became associate professor of Food Technologies and obtained the National Scientific Qualification for full professor.
She is a member of the Advisory Committee and President of the ‘Sensory Project Manager’ Commission of the Italian Society of Sensory Sciences, founding member and managing director of the Italian Scientific Food Packaging Group and member of the Italian Society of Food Science and Technology.
She has collaborated with several companies (Lavazza, Pernigotti, Rivoira, Barilla, Kraft, Ikea, Whirlpool, Pernigotti, Autogrill, Consorzio Terre di Montagna, Valverbe, Novi, Centrale del Latte di Brescia, Landlab, Farine Varvello, Devital Service, Ricrea, CIR Food, Life, Fratelli Branca Distillerie, Colussi Group, Fileni, Giunti Editore).
She is author of over 150 national and international publications.
- Rector’s Delegate for Research
- Director of the Sensory Analysis Lab
- Board Member of PhD program in “Ecogastronomy, Food Sciences and Cultures”
- Member of the Review Group for the Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures
- Member of the Ethics Committee
- Sensory analysis and Consumer Science [Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures]
- Sustainable Novel Foods: Tradition, Production and Consumption [Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures]
- Food Packaging [Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures]
- Green Innovation in Food Technology and Food Chains [Graduate Degree in Food Innovation & Management]
MAIN INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH AREA in UNISG
SPECIFIC RESEARCH TOPICS
- Food sensory evaluation
- Consumer science
- Chemosensory perception
- Individual differences in perception
- Novel foods
- Sustainable food systems
- Food shelf life
- Food packaging
- Electronic nose
RESEARCH PROJECTS UNISG
- PRIME – Innovative Processes and Products of Green Chemistry
- FOOD-DRUG-FREE – Piattaforma portatile per l’identificazione di farmaci nei prodotti alimentari
- SHEEP-UP – Ovine Bio-diversity in Veneto: an economic opportunity for Farmers and their Territory
- ValorVitis 2.0 – La ricerca e l’innovazione incontrano il mercato
- FISH – Fertilizzante Innovativo Suolo e Habitat
- DIGI GASE – Development of Digital Education Competencies of Gastronomy and Culinary Arts Departments in Higher Education Institutions
- RADIANT – ReAlisingDynamIc vAlue chaiNs for underuTilised crops
- SF4C – School Food for Change
- Feast – food systems that support transitions to healthy and sustainable diets