Visiting Scholars and Researchers
The University of Gastronomic Sciences is happy to host scholars and researchers interested in spending periods of study and research at the Pollenzo campus, under the supervision of a professor from the University.
Who can spend periods of study and research at UNISG?
Postgraduate or doctoral students, researchers and professors.
How to apply?
The postgraduate or PhD student, researcher or professor interested in carrying out a visiting period at the University must identify a UNISG Professor (academic advisor) and send a formal request to him/her, accompanied by:
- detailed program of the research activities that he/she intends to carry out at the University,
- duration and period of the proposed visit.
The request must be sent to the professor within the three months preceding the proposed period of stay.
The Unisg professor available to act as academic advisor, in agreement with the Delegate of the Rector for Research and the Faculty Council, will evaluate the request, and communicate to the student/researcher the possibility or impossibility of attending the University.
University professors can simultaneously host a maximum of two students/researchers, hosting them in their own office.
The procedures for obtaining a visa, if necessary, remain the sole responsibility of the candidate. The University can provide an official Letter for the Consulate/Embassy, upon request by the candidate. The procedures for issuing a visa can take a long time, and it is therefore advisable to take action in advance (at least 3 months before the beginning of your stay).
Be advised that, in general, all non-EU citizens who wish to stay in Italy for more than 90 days must obtain a visa. For further information, please contact the relevant Italian consulate.
During the stay
During the period of stay on campus, the visiting scholar or researcher will have the opportunity to:
- freely use of a UNISG e-mail address (e.g. email@example.com);
- freely access to the University’s WI-FI network;
- access the University Library, electronic library resources (online databases) and Qualtrics software for creating and administering online questionnaires;
- access the Academic Tables (cost of meals at his expense);
- participate for free in seminars and conferences organized by the University of Gastronomic Sciences and aimed at students enrolled in the University;
- participate in all events promoted by the University of Gastronomic Sciences and Slow Food.
Visiting periods shorter than or equal to three months do not require the payment of any fee.
Starting from the fourth month of stay, a fee of 700 euros per month is required. The fee must be paid at least 14 days prior to the start of the stay in the University.
The maximum length of the visiting period is 8 months.