PhD Program in Ecogastronomy, Education and Society
The new PhD Program in Ecogastronomy, Education and Society expresses the interdisciplinary and international nature of the University of Gastronomic Sciences at the highest level. The objectives are to:
- prepare young researchers for academic careers in research institutions and study centers at a national and international level, in relation to the multi-faceted and interdisciplinary world of eco-gastronomy as a complex educational and social system;
- include young scholars in the world of work and in areas of business that demand innovation and a superior preparation in relation to the world of food.
In particular the PhD program will follow these objectives:
- master in a critical way the various social and cultural systems to which gastronomic values are associated;
- learn about key models of education aimed at an ecological and sustainable vision of food;
- develop a relational and interdependent vision of gastronomy through the elaboration of projects for food politics and diplomacy;
- experiment creative and innovative formats that fit into social processes related to food education.
PhD Faculty Committee
The PhD Program in Ecogastronomy, Education and Society expresses the international and interdisciplinary nature of the university at the highest level, constituting itself as a program which, although not in collaboration with other universities, foresees in its Council the presence of international professors from many universities around the world representing the multiplicity of approaches to the topics covered by the program.
working title:Traditional Gastronomy, indigenous knowledge and equality of gender in Pashtun Society.
working title: Biocultural Diversity Conservation in Italian Landscapes
working title: “Sweet thing”. An attempt to think the sweetness
working title: Globalising Maternity: Food security, Seasonality, and Maternal Nutritional Health in Rural Cambodia
working title: Atmospheric food. How food smells affect and shape self-perception in connection with spatial intuition and collective imagination.
working title: Nudging healthier food choices through food perception
working title: Gastronomy as a driver of sustainable development: The case study of Peru
During the Study Program students are required to take part in 3 courses, one per year, which will be determined annually.
The PhD Program in Ecogastronomy, Education and Society also includes training activities in linguistics, computer science, research management, knowledge of research systems and funding systems, use of research results and intellectual property.
Mandatory attendance for all activities is required.
Scholarship and fees
The annual scholarship amount is 15.343,28 Euros.
All PhD students are required to pay a fee of 1.000 Euros annually.
Requirements and admissions
To apply for admission to the doctoral program the prospective candidate must go through the following procedure:
- register online
- fill in the application form (fillable pdf form)
- pay the admissions fee of 50 Euros via bank wire transfer
- upload the documents in pdf format following the Admission Application
- Before proceeding with the online application process, please read through the Admission Application
- 22/06/2018 – Articles 2 and 3 of the admission application for the PhD Program in Ecogastronomy, Education and Society have been modified, with some clarifications in regards to the admissions requirements and the documentation to be submitted
- The attachments referenced in the Admission Application for the PhD Program in Ecogastronomy, Education and Society can be found in the application procedure on the Esse3 portal.
- Furthermore, candidates who are citizens from low-income countries (according to the World Bank list) are not required to pay the 50€ admission fee as indicated in art. 3 of the announcement.