Phone: +39 0172 458533
University of Gastronomic Sciences | Pollenzo Campus
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 9
fraz. Pollenzo – 12042 Bra (Cn) – Italy
Morini graduated in Food Science at the University of Milan in 1989; since then she has carried out research at the University of Milan, at the University of Reading (UK) and at the Colorado State University of Fort Collins (USA). She has been Visiting Scientist at the Swiss Institute for Alternatives to Animal Testing in Basel (Switzerland) and at the National Institute for Medical Research in London (UK).
Since January 2004 she has been working at the University of Gastronomic Sciences, where she participated in the design and development of the first-degree course in Gastronomic Sciences.
She is a member of the Scientific Council of CREA (Italian Ministry of Agriculture, Food, Forestry and Tourism). She has been a member of the Advisory Board of the Nordic Food Lab (Copenhagen, Denmark) until its closure in 2018.
She is author of 46 scientific publications on international journals.
- Convenor of the Master of Applied Gastronomy Culinary Arts
- Member of the Evaluation Committee
- Student Ombudsman
- Molecular & Taste Sciences [Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures]
- Food Science and Technology [Graduate Degree in Food Innovation & Management]
- Foraging, Nutraceuticals & Sciences for the Kitchen [Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures]
- Learning to Like: Brain, Taste & Diet Evolution [Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures]
MAIN INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH AREA in UNISG
SPECIFIC RESEARCH TOPICS
- Chemoreception (taste and chemesthesis)
- Taste genetics
- Relevance of taste on health
- Onthogenesis and education of taste
- Bio-cultural approach to the study of food choices
RESEARCH PROJECTS UNISG
- DIGI GASE – Development of Digital Education Competencies of Gastronomy and Culinary Arts Departments in Higher Education Institutions
- SF4C – School Food for Change