Telefono: +39 0172 458521
University of Gastronomic Sciences | Pollenzo Campus
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 9
fraz. Pollenzo – 12042 Bra (Cn) – Italy
Born in Revello (CN), graduated in Law in Turin, he became a PhD in Roman Law and Comparative Method at the University of Ferrara in 2002. From 2002 to 2006 he was a researcher in Roman Law at the University of Eastern Piedmont (UPO) and from 2006 to 2011 he became associate professor of History of the Political Institutions of Antiquity at the University of Valle d’Aosta. Since October 2011 he is associate professor of fundamentals of European law at UNISG. He has achieved the eligibility as a full professor of the IUS 18 sector as of August 2018.
Married, has three children and lives in Revello. In addition to studying law, he cultivates a passion for food production, mountain viticulture and pop music. He is legal advisor of the Italian Federation of Independent Winegrowers (FIVI).
He is a member of the Italian Society of the History of Law and of ARISTEC. For five years he was a member of the Technical Scientific Committee of CERVIM (Mountain Viticulture Research Center).
He has forty publications (including three monographs) dedicated to Roman law, the history of political institutions, the history of legal institutions and their diachronic and synchronic comparison, to the language of law, in Italian and German. He collaborates, as columnist and commentator, with technical magazines dedicated to agriculture: Informatore Agrario, Vite & Vino, L’imprenditore Agricolo.
- Director of the Third Mission
- Member of the Evaluation Committee
- Convenor of the Master in Wine Culture and Communication program
- Convenor of the Master in Food Culture, Communication & Management program
- Advanced Food and Trade Law [Graduate Degree in Food Innovation & Management]
- Ecologia Giuridica e Forme Storiche della Sovranità [Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures]
- Entrepreneurial Strategy [Graduate Degree in Food Innovation & Management]Retorica
- per la Gastronomia [Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures]
MAIN INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH AREA in UNISG
SPECIFIC RESEARCH TOPICS
- History of legal institutions
- History of private law
- Roman tradition of European private law
- General theory of law
- Settlement of disputes
- Regulations of food labeling
UNISG RESEARCH PROJECTS
- About the origin. identity, authenticity and contradictions of food
- NODES: Nord Ovest Digitale E Sostenibile
- Food Industry Monitor: the performance of italian companies of the food and beverage sector
- Nourishing School