Phone: +39 0172 458567
University of Gastronomic Sciences | Pollenzo Campus
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 9
fraz. Pollenzo – 12042 Bra (Cn) – Italy
Born in Recco (GE) on 16.10.1965, after graduating in Natural Sciences (Geobotany) she got a degree in Geography, a PhD in Geographical Sciences and a PhD in Historical Sciences at Genoa University as a pupil of Massimo Quaini and Diego Moreno. She discussed the historical ecology approach with Oliver Rackham during a stage at the University of Cambridge and with palynologists and archaeologists as part of a Marie Curie Fellowship at the Botanical Institute of the University of Bergen (ref. Knut Krzwinsky and Dagfinn Moe).
She has collaborated since 1995 with geographers and historians of the Nottingham University in the annual fieldcourses “The landscape history of Liguria” (ref. Charles Watkins and Ross Balzaretti). She worked on many interdisciplinary research projects on the historical environmental heritage of Apennines and European Mountains in collaboration with the Laboratory of Environmental Archaeology and History (LASA) at the University of Genoa, the Universities of Bergen, Nottingham, Toulouse-le Mirail, the Doctorate School in Historical Geography at Genoa University, Natural Parks, local authorities and local associations.
From 2004 to 2013 she carried out scientific and educational tasks at the University of Eastern Piedmont – Center for Historical Analysis of the Territory (CAST) directed by the historian Angelo Torre. Since May 1, 2015 she is Associate Professor at UniSG where she teaches Geography and Historical Ecology. She is a member of the teaching staff of the PhD Program in History, Art History and Archeology. She works to an innovative interpretation and management of landscapes and rural, environmental and gastronomic heritage through the approach of historical ecology and geographical-historical micro-analysis, with particular reference to mountain and marginal areas. She is member of the Scientific Committee and board of the Territorialists’ Society.
- Member of the Review Group for the Graduate Degree in Food Innovation & Management
- Delegate for the Open Days
- Delegate for the students’ Mentoring
- Ecologia Storica e Produzioni Locali [Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures]
- Pratiche di Viaggio ed Esperienze sul Campo [Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures]
- Storia e Geografia dei Terroirs [Undergraduate Degree in Gastronomic Sciences and Cultures]
MAIN INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH AREA in UNISG
SPECIFIC RESEARCH TOPICS
- Historical Ecology
- Environmental Geography
- Geography of Landscapes and Terroir, foodways and foodscapes
- Biodiversity and Historical Processes of Biodiversification
- Local geographic and naturalistic knowledge
- Archeology of environmental resources
- Rural, environmental, gastronomic heritage
RESEARCH PROJECTS UNISG