The University of Gastronomic Sciences fosters the assurance and continuous improvement of quality in all the areas of activity through which it implements and develops its mission.
To this end, the university has developed a structured and integrated system of rules, mechanisms and procedures. These are intended to guide the actions and behavior of all the actors involved at different academic and organizational levels of responsibility within the university towards the pursuit of the institution’s objectives. Maximum attention is reserved for the quality of the processes and results and meeting the needs of all the main stakeholders, starting with the students.
The Italian national system for evaluation, quality assurance and accreditation of universities operates in accordance with European standards and guidelines for the assurance of quality of higher education. The system is based on internal evaluation within each university, external evaluation and accreditation of campuses and courses.
The system of self-assessment, regular evaluation and accreditation (Autovalutazione, Valutazione periodica, Accreditamento, or AVA) represents the set of activities, in accordance with legal provisions, that involve the introduction of a system of initial and regular accreditation of courses and university campuses; regular evaluation of the quality, efficiency and results achieved by the universities; and the strengthening of the system for universities to self-assess the quality and effectiveness of their educational activities and research. The Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of the University and Research Systems (Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca, or ANVUR) has the task of establishing the national system.
Organization of the university quality assurance system
The university’s governing bodies—the dean, the administrative director, the board of directors—have the task of setting the Quality Assurance (QA) policy and related objectives.
The governing bodies also have the task of promoting the policy and objectives within the whole organization, following a rationale based on awareness, sharing and the fullest involvement.
The governing bodies also have decision-making powers in regards to the regular evaluation of results, based on the data supplied by the university’s Quality Unit and the recommendations of the Evaluation Committee.
The University of Gastronomic Sciences has adopted its own Quality Assurance document and its own organization, within which the Quality Unit plays a central role.
The university’s Quality Assurance system is based on the following operational structures and bodies:
- ENQA Document – Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area
- Italian Law 240 of December 30, 2010
- Ministerial Decree “Autovalutazione, accreditamento iniziale e periodico delle sedi e dei corsi di studio e valutazione periodica”, no. 47/2013, of January 30, 2013
- Ministerial Decree “Autovalutazione, accreditamento iniziale e periodico delle sedi e dei corsi di studio e valutazione periodica, adeguamenti e integrazioni al D, n. 47/2013 del 30 gennaio 2013” no. 1059/2013, of December 23, 2013
- Ministerial Decree 1154/2021 “Autovalutazione, Valutazione, Accreditamento Iniziale e Periodico delle Sedi e dei Corsi di Studio“
ANVUR documents (in Italian)
- Self-evaluation, evaluation and accreditation documents (AVA)
- Self-evaluation, evaluation and accreditation FAQ (FAQ AVA)
- SUA-RD guidelines parts I and II
- SUA-RD guidelines part III
- Evaluation of the third mission in Italian universities – Evaluation manual