Welcome to UNISG!
The University of Gastronomic Sciences, born and promoted in 2004 by the Slow Food association in collaboration with the Piedmont and Emilia-Romagna regional authorities, is a private university legally recognized by the Italian state.
Here we turn out gastronomes, people equipped with knowledge and skills in the agricultural and food sector, capable of driving food production, distribution and consumption towards proper, viable choices and helping to create a sustainable future for the planet.
Our graduates and postgraduates are employed in the artisan and industrial agrifood production sector, in small, medium and large distribution, in the tourist sector, in food education, and in non-government agencies and organizations. Many have also become entrepreneurs working on individual projects.
The University offers the following programs:
- Three-year Undergraduate Program in Gastronomic Sciences
- Two-year Graduate Program in Food Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Management of the Gastronomic and Tourist Heritage
- Master programs in Food Culture and Communications
- Master programs in The Slow Art of Italian Cuisine
- Master in Italian Wine Culture (taught in Italian)
- Advanced Apprenticeship (taught in Italian)
Open Days are held in Pollenzo from November till July during which prospective students can visit and learn more about UNISG programs as well as talk with professors, staff, students, and alumni. Campus facilities are open to the public, and information is provided about application and scholarship procedures, study-trip destinations and subjects, and various aspects of UNISG life. Book now your Open Day!